I am a super tolerant person by nature and pride myself on my ability to be patient while interacting with people most of the times. The thing is, a lot of stuff bothers me. Too much stuff to be honest. But what I have learned over the years is that it is not a good idea to voice my opinions about things and people too much .If I am mad about something ,I would just sulk internally rather than bothering people .I absolutely hate confrontations! Lame, I know but that is how it is. So this blog post is pretty much going to be me pouring out my heart to all you lovely readers .I came up with a list of 10 things that really get my knickers in a knot. In case you ever meet me, here is what you need to know.
- Phone systems that start off by saying Press one to do this and two to do that. Wish there was a number that said Press 8 to go to our competitors who actually do care about you.
- Any conversation that starts with “I don’t mean to be offensive but..”
- When my friends keep pestering me to go out and/or get a boyfriend. Like seriously dude, let me be. I love my books and my bed!
- When someone tells me to act and speak in a more ladylike manner. I will act however I want – I don’t care if it is unladylike.
- When my friends are like, “You are so quiet, please say something”. I’m quiet, I don’t want to say anything. Please leave me alone.
- When someone is really bad at grammar. I know I am being mean here, but who cares. It is just annoying.
- When someone mumbles something, then annoyedly says “Forget it!” when people naturally don’t hear .Like please will you not start a topic if you are going to leave me hanging and curious.
- When parents start judging the characters in a movie or book before it has even started .Please mom, just watch it through first.
- “A woman’s place is in the home.”Don’t even get me started on this one. A woman’s place is wherever she chooses to be. If that place is in the home, great. If it isn’t, that’s great too. It’s her choice, not yours.
- “I don’t like Harry Potter.” TAKE IT BACK. You clearly either don’t have a soul or you’re lying to intentionally piss me off. Either way, you’re on my shit list.
What are your pet peeves? I would love to know.