The 30 before 30 is a pretty popular trend that’s been going on since ages. Despite loving spontaneity in most spheres of my life, I am also very fond of all sorts of lists. Having completed most of the things from my reverse bucket list I posted in my previous blog, I have decided its high time I make a new one. So instead of penning down New year’s resolutions, lets do something different this time.
I’m going to be 22 on my next birthday. That probably seems like the most mundane age in the world, but to me, its pretty big and one of the most important years of my life. I certainly hope I live to a ripe old age, trotting around in Converse like a super cool grandma.
Looking back at what I’ve accomplished so far, I’ve not done too badly. I’ve been travelling, reading and making lots of memories I hope to cherish my entire life. However there are way too many things I still want to get to before I reach my 30s. This isn’t meant to be macabre, on the contrary, it is meant to inspire adrenaline, skipped heartbeats, big smiles and a feeling of being alive.
Without further ado, here’s my 30 before 30 list, which I intend to tick off before my 30th birthday. I will be updating it every 6 months as I move through life.
1.Revamp my personal style
My personal style right now is jeans and t-shirts with a trademark ponytail I’ve been sporting since centuries. Though I love my look, I’m bored of my hair and plan to get around to re-arranging my wardrobe and not look like a total klutz wearing 6 inch heels.
2. Get a tattoo
Yes, this one has been on the back of my mind for years now. Also going to get my ears pierced soon.
3. Ride a Hot Air Balloon
Not in the recent years, maybe I’ll get a chance during my years of travel.
4. Go on a cross-country road trip in the U.S and Canada
One of my longest-held dreams. Someday I want to visit all 50 states and Canada…not overloading myself, just want to get in a car and do it first.
5. Visit Venice and Santorini
A romantic get-away to Venice with its gondola rides and pretty sunsets. I have always dreamed of going to San Marco early in the morning when it is still pretty quiet with the sounds of the Duomo’s bells ringing. Sitting outside with a cup of coffee and pinching myself when it doesn’t remain a dream anymore.
6. Hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu
It’s the most challenging, daring,” someday I want to” act I’ve ever wanted to do, not just for its enormity but for its spiritual and mental weight as well.
7.Visit Orlando’s Disney World and Harry potter world.
Its that someday item I’m gonna save money for, the moment I start earning coz hello, ultimate Harry potter Nerd here! Already feel like a traitor for not visiting.
8. Camping under the stars
Sleep under the stars, talk for hours and wake up to tranquility and peace and have a hot cup of coffee.
9. Visit the Six Flag’s Magic Mountain Amusement park in California
Always being the biggest fan of rides, this is the ultimate place for people like me. Wouldn’t mind my first date to be in an amusement park!
10. Learn 50 new recipes and hone up my cooking skills.
11. Host a fancy dinner party all on my own
12. Own something that’s just mine, like a car and a house and most importantly a dog.
13. Learn to speak in a foreign language. Already started with french, never got around to completing the course though.
14. Get one of my writings published.
Started a writing a novel 4 years back, left it midway and never had the motivation to complete it. This is one thing I would get my hands into again, once I have accomplished my goals.
15. Make and maintain meaningful relationships in my life.
16. Ride a motorbike.
17. Attend a Karaoke Night
With my love for all things relating to Korean pop and drama, and with my bathroom singing skills on point, karaoke nights are the perfect fit.
18. Get a full body massage.
19. Have a job and life I love ( lets move this to the next 5 years preferably )
20. Learn to like beer and attend the real Oktober fest.
21. Try new cuisines and eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
22. Take my baking to the next level. ( still in progress )
23. Learn Salsa
I am very fond of dancing and had hip-hop and bhangra lessons last year. Salsa is something I enjoy but never got a chance to get formally trained.
24. Do a make-up essentials course.
Although I rarely apply makeup, I do love it when done properly.
25. Spend an entire day in a coffee shop or bookstore with good company and positive vibes.
26. Book a one-way ticket somewhere
27. Get padi-certified ( learn how to scuba dive)
28. Get my body in shape and a 30 day exercise challenge. ( not gonna wait till 30 to do this ) According to me building up on your health, remaining fit and at the same time eating good food are very important if you want to retain that stamina in the later years of your life.
29. Set a “no-expectation” rule in my life, for people, situations and events. Learn to enjoy spontaneity and flow.
30. Get married ( doesn’t have to be in this list, marriage is bound to happen but this has got to be one of the most important factor deciding how the rest of the items in this list turn out.)
Let me know what’s your idea of a 30 before 30 challenge!